Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sun catcher-Mason style


This is about as simple as it gets but my 3 year old had a BLAST with it! We bought 3 clear, plastic butterflies at Micheal's and I let him decide what to use to decorate them. It would have turned out better if he would have used bright markers but I'm really trying NOT to control things and let him be creative in his very own way. I did break out some puffy paints and he was NOT a fan. Told me they were MUCH to hard and he didn't like all the splatter. Funny kid... Anyway, I think this cost me about $2.75 total for the 3 butterflies and it kept him entertained for a good, long while. He has given 2 away to his Nana and Papa and mine is proudly displayed in our kitchen window. Again, fun for him and all I had to do was cover the table, break out the stuff and let him go at it. A winner for sure!



Hard at work with his puffy paints.


And his beautiful finished butterfly in my kitchen window.

No comments:

Post a Comment