Monday, March 1, 2010

Butterflies in the Snow???


Random- yes, but so are we.... I am NOT a super crafty, creative Mom. Lately I have been inspired by friends to do more than the typical paints, crayons and play doh (our norm).... And oh is my Mason happy about it! He ALWAYS wants to use glue, but more ends up on him, his clothes and the dog than anywhere else. But, what the heck, your only 3 once so why the heck not??!! The weather here in Texas has been a bit um, random shall I say so when I asked him what he wanted to do he said make butterflies---- in the snow. Spring sprung for a few days and now its cold, rainy and ugly again. So, I guess that's where his idea of "Butterflies in the Snow" came from. For the record, I DID let him do EVERY bit of gluing. I drew a line for our pom-pom butterfly and told him to glue on top of the line. I also of course bent the pipe cleaners for him and drew more lines for him to glue over. So glad glue dries clear because what the picture doesn't pick up is how much glue is actually on this piece of paper. Anyway, I say my kid is amazing!!


Working hard- glue, glue, glue....


And his finished product...

4 comments:

  1. Look at you crafty momma, that is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible Melinda! You are an awesome mommy!!! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete