Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rainbow Cupcakes


Start with this......


Blech---what a cold, nasty day outside. We went from the sun shining, birds singing, wearing flip flops at the park to this nonsense... What a tease.
So, I needed to find a few activities to keep everyone sane locked up inside for the day. We all love sweets and Mason loves to help with anything so I stole this super cute cupcake recipe from my girlfriend, Jenny. She calls them rainbow cupcakes but ours were more tye dye. I tweaked it a bit because I only had NEON food coloring at the house but they still tasted great and obviously my boys could care less. People, it does not get any easier than white cake mix- seriously, this is for anyone with kids old enough to hold a spoon. I even let the babes (age 15 months) get in on the stirring action. (But to be honest- most of the time Mason and I were making our treats, the twins were strapped in their highchairs, eating a snack watching a Baby Einstein)


My little chef hard at work mixing and blending.

Follow the directions on the super simple white cake mix box (don't forget the whipped frosting)Separate batter into however many colors you want to add the food coloring. Mix until well blended. Layer your colored batter into cupcake pan. Don't worry if it's not perfect, its still fun and they will turn out fine.




Delish!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you did that!! And I super loved Mason's chef ensemble (sp?). I am so glad you have a blog now, it is so fun to read! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete