Sunday, March 21, 2010

ABC's

Ho-hum, another yucky day here in North Texas. I'm usually game for just about anything outside but even I cant stand to be out in this snowy, cold mess. The wind is just howling and its pretty miserable. So yet again I'm trying to find things that are at least some what educational that we can all do together and not go cccccrrraaazzzy!!!

So today's activity was based on the good ol' alphabet. Mason is 3 and got this Leap Frog movie for his birthday last year. He has watched it a few times and I thought instead of breaking out Peter Pan again, we would do this instead. Letter Factory is very cool as it has a cute story that takes you thru the entire alphabet. Mason knows parts of the song and even makes the sounds of the letters. So, I decided that we would have Alpha Bits for snack while we watched and I challenged him to find each letter as Lily and Tad explored the alphabet factory. He did a pretty good job and even asked to watch it again. He was very proud of himself each time he found the correct letter. So, all in all- fun, educational and FREE on a cold winter (um, spring?) day.



Searching, searching, searching.....

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! I think I might go on a hunt for that one!! And I haven't had Alpha bits in forever...YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete