Sunday, June 27, 2010

Table Re-Do

I got this table and chairs about 4 years ago in KC. Its been outside ever since and gets MUCH use from the kids. It was in desperate need of a face lift so I decided that it was high time to spruce it up for the boys. I gave it a good scrub, filled in all the cracks with Gorilla glue and got to work painting. I was determined to do this WITHOUT spending a dime using only what I could find in the garage. This is an old paint that I thought would perk this drab set right up. And it did! I painted one coat of Bayou Blue (does it need another- yes... will I do it- no!), sealed it with a clear coat and then simply personalized the chairs with the boys names. I did however have to call the hubs and ask him to stop and get me a can of clear coat. I really thought we still had a partial can out in the garage. To which he promptly replied- "What are you doing now???"

Before.... BORING!!!


After-- I did almost have a heat stroke while attempting to complete this. Hope the boys appreciate all Mom's hard work!


MUCH improved!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it Melinda!!! Way cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, girl!! Did you just use regular 'ol latex paint? Looks FAB :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GREAT!! See?? You are waaay craftier than you think! Love it (and you)!!

    ReplyDelete