Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July FUN!

Its been a crazy week for Team Cobbs! We started with a visit from Papa Doug who drove from KC to see the boys. He also came bearing gifts and brought me a brand, spankin' new camera! It's pretty snazzy and I LOVE IT! Its an early Christmas gift and I am so excited. I managed to take 546 pictures in just 3 days but now I think I have the hang of this thing. I look like a full on tourist with a camera hung around my neck but don't care! I got some amazing pictures of my sweet boys. So, from now on, this blog with be picture overload- you have been warned!


Mas with Papa Doug

Later in the week, the kids and I traveled to my Moms to spend the 4th on the lake. Her place is beyond great with tons for the boys to do and was the perfect way to spend the hot weekend. Of course, she had flags everywhere for the kids. She even managed to find 3 sparkly star headbands for the boys to wear. (They didn't stay on long enough for even 1 pic.)

The entrance to her dock...

We indulged in LOTS of delicious food- ribs, deviled eggs, burgers, sweet corn on the cobb and of course the flag cake! Looks like sweet baby Brady is ready for his piece!

Mason LOVED the fireworks but the babes thought all the noise was a bit much! They were gorgeous off the lake. Allen bought the boys a huge bag of fireworks for us to do while we were there as well. Remember how fun poppers, sparklers and bottle rockets are?

Kids playing on the dock...

Mason taking a dip on their "beach."

The elusive good shot of the boys and I. Brady looks mad, Logan eating his hand and Mason covered by a walking stick... Go figure...

Red, white and blue skewer snacks. They all loved them!


Mason showing the boys how to use the net. I LOVE this sweet picture!

My brother and his darling girlfriend, Jenn. They are such a HUGE help with the kids and it was GREAT to spend a little time with them!

We had an amazing, busy week and are back in our strict routine of laundry, naps and playtime. Hope you and your families had a great 4th of July- we sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment