Thursday, June 10, 2010

My "Babies"

My identical twins, Logan & Brady have just turned 18 months old. This is so bittersweet for me. They are exactly 26 months younger than their big brother Mason- who I can hardly believe will be 4 in September. I guess its been easier for me to accept Mason as a big boy because he fell into the role so naturally when we brought the twins home. Now, my "baby" boys are running, talking and emulate EVERYTHING big brother does. They want to sword fight, play monster and chase each other around the house. For some reason, the last few weeks have really hit me that there will not be another baby in this house that belongs to me! Part of me is SO over pregnancy and anything related to the non stop maintenance of 2 newborns but part of me is... dare I say.... really.... sad...

The last 3 days I have had the opportunity to soak up every minute with Brady & Logan. Nana has Mason at the lake and they went to the Rodeo last night. So to have him safe and happy really lets me focus on these little guys individually. Their personalities are so different these days. Brady is outgoing, LOUD, talks tons and is into EVERYTHING. Logan is always close to Mama and is the King of Tantrums. The boys will knock each other over and then help each other up. They will get toys and give them to the other. They truly have sweet hearts.

When passing people in the grocery store with the 3 kids, I have VERY often heard, "Oh, poor you" or "Are you trying for that girl?" Well- NOT poor me, and no, WE ARE DONE! I couldn't be happier with my 3 loves and cant imagine life any other way. I'm not sure when I will stop calling these boys may babies because they always will be.

Brady and Logan

"Brothers by chance, best friends by choice."


Brady


Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment