Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sweet Treats

My kids all LOVE Popsicle's but I hate that they are so full of c-r-a-p. I have frozen plain ol' yogurt before (the Go-Gurts) but that isn't really a sweet treat so I decided it was high time that I make our Popsicles. Have you ever checked the ingredient list of a stinkin' Popsicle?? Its grossly, ridiculously hard to pronounce... So, since I don't want my kids eating things like maltodextrin, guar gum and tumeric (what???) this summer- here's what I did.. A bunch of nothing really--- Fresh strawberries, pureed with plain ol' fat free vanilla yogurt - pour into container of choice and freeze for approximately 5 hours. And Viola! Healthy and delish!


Logan enjoying his sweet treat



Brady- All hail King Popsicle!

Mason and Daddy went out to dinner tonight so no pics of him getting messy this time round... Now I'm off to check out the Ice Cream maker my Dad got us for Christmas and see what I can concoct... Low-fat blueberry cinnamon seems like the front runner! Mmmmm!

1 comment:

  1. What fun!! I love it...definitely have to try that soon:) Love those sweet faces!!

    ReplyDelete