Sunday, April 11, 2010

Don't call me Mason

My child really believes he is a Pirate. He refers to himself as "Hook" or "Pirate Mason." He has even taught the babies to sword fight and can recite every word of the songs "My first mate is a Monkey", "Stowaway" and "Yo-Ho-Ho and a bottle of Rum." He pretends every basket in the house is a treasure box and I find them full of random things in random places. His swing set is now his Pirate ship complete with Chi Chi the Parrot, a telescope and ship's wheel. He always wants me to draw him out a treasure map that he promptly rolls up and sticks down his shirt. It's really quite comical, he has quite the imagination!

Example 1- bathed and in his Pj's with his Pirate costume on and his beloved sword tucked securely in his belt that NOBODY can touch.

Example 2- Fast asleep at nap time with his hook, sword and Pirate belt from his Papa.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Melinda!! I have always thought Mason was a cutie...but he goes above and beyond cuteness!!! I will make sure next time I see him to call him Pirate Mason!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete