Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer camp and then some....


Off to Summer Camp!

My big boy officially started his 1st Summer Camp this week. He is attending at the First Baptist Church of Melissa and had his choice between cooking camp, science camp or music camp. He knew one of his little girlfriends, Erin, would be attending the cooking camp so it was the obvious choice for my Jr. Casanova! He has been so excited and bursts out bed every morning SINGING- "Summer camp, summer camp, Mason's going to Summer camp!" Makes me so happy that he is enjoying it. His teachers seem great (and VERY patient!) and the kids have made some awesome stuff. So far, we have sampled homemade animal crackers, homemade warm pretzels (my fave) and perfect pancakes. He has also decorated his own apron with stamps and paint. They also did a craft one day and he decided he wanted to make his Mama a beaded bracelet. (How sweet is he?? tear...) It nearly cuts off my circulation but I will gladly wear it!

I stayed a few extra minutes one morning and he was SO embarrassed that I was taking his picture... Forcing a smile for Mom. Didn't know this started at age 3.


OK, so I have to admit that I almost cried when I saw this. The kids made gingerbread on this day and then a photo collage to bring home. For some reason- he seemed so big to me. Off on his own, independent, making friends and embarrassed by his Mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment