Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


Being a Mom is hard, really, really hard. It takes patience beyond normal human measure as far as I am concerned. Only after having kids of my own did I ever really appreciate the enormity of this job. Am I making the right decisions? Did I handle that correctly? Should I be doing flashcards and listing to classical music in the car??? Well, maybe (but I'm not- for the record).


My Mom (Saint Nana) is beyond wonderful- loves my boys as much as I do and spends as much time with them as she can. She always has some sort of adventure planned for the kids like road trips, museums, camping, hikes, fishing and much more. She is beyond fantastic in the Nana department and we are so blessed to have her in our lives! Growing up, I have so many fond memories with my Mom (yellow Volvo, Disney, sunglasses at night, Ding How, Scrivener's, Enchanted Rock- just to name a few for you Mother) and now its such a joy to see her doing it all over again with her grand babies. Mom- I love you beyond words and I love how you love my babies! And for the record- Brady's new thing is to say "he wants his Nana"almost every time hes in trouble.



My Nana & Poppy- married 70 years. She is the Mother of 2 boys and the Queen of the Sikkel family!



And then these little turkeys- Mason made me a Momma and then came Logan and Brady who made me a proud Momma of 3 gorgeous little boys. I feel so blessed to be covered in their kisses every day. My boys are ornery, hilarious, fearless, sensitive and more than anything THE LOVES OF MY LIFE! I have no idea how we got so lucky- but I did and cant imagine our life any other way!



Pretty typical- everyone going in different directions and I'm just along for the ride (of my life)!!


Happy Mothers Day to all the fabulous Mommies out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment